Kelowna BC is one of my personal favourite places in Canada to capture photos. Between the lake, wineries and some pretty fun Instagrammable walls, there’s no shortage of pic worthy places to stop at! With sweeping views of Lake Okanagan, you’ll find most people snap photos of that beautiful backdrop but I’m here to help you find all the fun places to capture those moments for the ‘gram.
I have been capturing photos of my family and I in this city for many years while on vacation. Now that we live here, we have more time to explore all the fun places to snap photos! In 2018 I shared my Pic Worthy Kelowna blog and decided it was time for an update and a whole new post!
Start planning your vacation memories with some of these pic worthy locations scattered around Kelowna.
Lake Okanagan is the most popular backdrop to snap photos in Kelowna. With the sweeping views of the mountains and the lake, there are so many great places around town to capture your moments. Take a hike, sit at the beach or stroll the waterfront in downtown Kelowna to find these picturesque spots.
Some of my favourites include:
- Gyro Beach
- Sarsons Beach
- Bertram Park
- Knox Mountain
- Paul’s Tomb
- Rotary Beach
- Hobson Beach
- Downtown Kelowna (boardwalk, Tugboat Beach, City Park)
Since 2017 I have been searching out Instagrammable walls during my travels to capture in photos! Over the years we’ve snapped some fun photos at Kelowna’s Instagrammable locations, here are some of my favourite spots worth visiting.
- Flower Wall – Located in Rutland, this adorable striped daisy wall is perfect for your Instagram photos. Find it at 175 Gray Rd in Lions Park.
- Characters – (artist @monosourcilone) is located in Rutland at 255 Rutland Road. I love the unique look of this one!
- Pink Wall – You can’t miss this brightly coloured baby store when driving down Hwy 97! Find Baby and Me at 2061 Harvey Ave.
- Black Wall – Sometimes you just need a nice black wall to make your photos POP! Find it at One Boardshop located at 2330 BC-97.
- Hotel Zed – My absolute favourite Kelowna location to snap bright colourful photos! Find multiple coloured walls at 1627 Abbott St.
- Laneway Canteen – Tucked away in an alley, this is one you don’t want to miss. Head there early in the morning before they open for the best pics! Find it at 211 Bernard Ave.
- Rainbow Wall – I love the simplicity of this one, all white and a fun pop of colour! Find it at the washrooms in City Park in downtown Kelowna.
- Grey Wall – We use this wall often, it’s the perfect backdrop for headshots! Find it at Yamas Taverna located at 1630 Ellis St.
- White Wall – Another wall we frequent when taking photos! I love a good white brick wall, you can find it at Karat Chocolate located at 1526 Ellis St.
- Turtle Wall – Created for “Art in the Streets” as part of a UBC Okanagan course, this bright and colourful wall can be found on the corner of Pandosy St and West Ave.
Other Locations Worth Visiting
Kelowna is known for its scenic locations, including wineries, mountains, lakes and more! We’ve had the opportunity to explore the city and surrounding areas in this 4 season playground and have found some great locations to snap photos that are worth mentioning. Here are some of my favourite pic worthy locations (note some of them are seasonal).
- Mission Hill Winery – Located in West Kelowna, this winery offers picturesque views of the region. You will need to book a tasting tour to get right down into the vineyard areas where you can snap the best photos. This winery is a must visit when visiting Kelowna! Find it at 1730 Mission Hill Road.
- Dillworth Mountain Park – The BEST time to visit the park to capture the Arrowleaf Balsamroot in bloom (Kelowna’s official flower) is late April/early May. The park also offers sweeping views of the valley year round. Find it at 2102 Chilcotin Crt.
- Paynter’s Market – This adorable West Kelowna Market is worth a visit in both the Spring for blossom photos (end of April) or Summer for pictures in the Orchard (August). Find them at 3687 Paynter Rd. and be sure to pick up some fresh local fruits!
- Ogopogo – It wouldn’t be a visit to Kelowna without a photo with the famous Ogopogo! This iconic photo stop can’t be missed in downtown Kelowna.