Our kids love sweet treats, so we do a lot of baking at our house! As they get older we encourage them to help us out more in the kitchen which includes letting them follow recipes and only stepping in to help when needed. I love quick and easy recipes, especially when it comes to baking. Simple ingredients and instructions make this recipe easy for the kids to throw this Popcorn Cake together!
We’ve been making this recipe for years and it’s always been a hit at our house. You really can customize it many different ways just by changing up the candy you use! Try mixing up the recipe with chocolate covered peanuts, yogurt raisins, m & m’s, mini peanut butter cups, gummy bears or even nuts. The possibilities are endless on what you can mix in!
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 32 large marshmallows
- 16 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup jube jubes
- 1 cup smarties
- Pop 16 cups of popcorn and place in a large mixing bowl
- Melt butter and marshmallows over low heat stirring often
- Pour mixture over popcorn and fold together
- Stir in candy mixture
- Press into a 9×13 glass baking pan (be sure to spray it so it doesn’t stick)
- Let the cake cool and set before serving