The Bowden Sunmaze is located in Central Alberta, and is a 1.5 hour drive from Edmonton or a 1 hour drive from Calgary. I stopped by last week on my way to Calgary to check it out and it was amazing! The Sunmaze is made up of 100,000 sunflowers and is open from August to September! I’m sharing a few tips with you before you head out to the Bowden Sunmaze.
The drive to the Bowden Sunmaze is pretty straight forward, down highway 2 to Eagle Creek Farms. The signage is great off the main highway for your turns, it was about a 10 minute drive from the highway down a dirt road to get there. The address is 34530 Range Road #14 Red Deer County, Alberta
What you need to know before you go:
- There is a lot of mud! I wasn’t prepared so I didn’t go through the maze myself. I would plan on bringing a pair of rubber boots just in case! With all the rain we’ve had this year it’s made the grounds extra mucky.
- You will pay an admission price even if it’s just for a photo! Admission prices can be found here
- They are open 7 days a week from 11-5.
- Bring your camera! There are some great opportunities to capture photos at the Bowden Sunmaze and you don’t have to go inside the maze to get them! They have benches set up outside the maze for photo ops
- Bring the kids! Who doesn’t love a good maze, it’s a great family friendly activity!
- It is stroller friendly!
- The Sunmaze is pet friendly too! Be sure to bring a leash with you