The Snow Valley Aerial Park is open for the season! Did you know the Aerial Park is themed after the Edmonton River Valley? It also includes Snow Valley and Rainbow Valley themed elements including a ski bridge, snowboard balance bridge, picnic table, free-fall drop, and a few more surprises.
The course is set up to be”choose-your-own adventure” style. Pick whichever elements you would (or would not) like to climb. The climbing paths are graded like runs on a ski hill; green, blue and black. With over 100 games on the structure, there is something for everyone!
This year is a little different than previous years. Snow Valley Aerial Park is prepared for you to safely climb in the great outdoors. They have many things in place for your health and safety including:
- Physical distancing is implemented at all stages of the adventure. There is an outdoor check in window available and entry into the office for check-in is limited to 2 people at a time. There are distancing spots on the ground and school orientation is spaced out 2m apart. When you start to climb each element and platform are limited to 1 participant at a time.
- Sanitization stations are available on every level of the Aerial Park. Additionally every harness is washed, disinfected and dried between each use. The clic-it smart belay system is also sanitized between each use.
- Time Limits are in place during each time slot to a maximum of 12 participants. Bookings must be done online before you go to manage the amount of guests visiting at one time.
You can read more about the procedures in place at Snow Valley Aerial Park here.
The Snow Valley Aerial Park is a great activity to do with the whole family! From the timid to the ninja warrior, there is something to do for all ages who meet a minimum height (minimum 125cm or 49 inches tall) and maximum waist (maximum 150cm or 59 inch waist) restrictions.
What you should know before you go;
- You will need to wear closed toe shoes (runners)
- Apply sunscreen and bug spray before you climb
- Athletic wear is most comfortable while you do this activity
- Your time slot is 2 hours. Plan to be there 15 minutes early to check in and get ready for your climb
- You are not permitted to carry anything in your pockets. Small lockers are available or leave them in your car including cell phones
- The minimum height requirement is 49 inches tall to participate
- A waiver needs to be filled out and is available on their website
- Extra Value cards are available to save $40. They are transferrable and can be shared with friends in one visit
- They just opened an ice cream shack on the grounds! It’s a great way to cool down on a hot day
Book your experience here by visiting their website.
Our family loves spending time together at the Snow Valley Aerial Park! We first visited when the kids were 6 and 10 and I was shocked at how they had no fear. Since then we have visited several more times, the kids are always asking us when we can go! We love that that everyone in our family can enjoy this activity at their own level. The kids will do any of the courses but I’m afraid of heights so I stick to the easier ones myself. My hubby is great about going along with the kids but he won’t jump the plank at the end! Our kids are 8 and 12 right now so this visit we let them each bring a friend. It was great to see them climbing on their own with their friends and enjoying some time together.