It’s been a BUSY week at our house, the kids are back in the swing of things with school and activities! We celebrated the kids being back in school with date night at The Rec Room! Denny and I are always looking for an excuse to spend time together, now that we have a babysitter at home we’ve been scheduling in date nights! It is so important to date your spouse, no matter how long you’ve been married. We get so wrapped up with the kids that we need that time together for an adult conversation and a little fun too!
We headed to The Rec Room at West Edmonton Mall for dinner at Three10 followed by some gaming! It’s been a while since we had been to this restaurant, we were pleasantly surprised at all the new healthy menu options available! With so many people choosing not to eat meat, it was great to see so many vegetarian options as well! With the executive chef being vegetarian there was a lot of thought and flavours put into the dishes, some of them even being vegan friendly. I can honestly say I was not expecting there to be so many options available!
My hubby and I have been trying to eat better so we opted to order vegetarian dishes on our date night. Denny loves snack foods, his favourite thing to order in a restaurant is appetizers! They had great classic options but also so many new items on the menu we hadn’t tried before!
We decided to order:
- Crispy Green Beans – tempura green beans, spicy vegan mayo, nori, toasted sesame seeds
- Crabless Cakes – artichokes, cream cheese, swiss cheese, grana padano, dill, preserved lemon yoghurt
- Skillet Chip Stack – crispy tortillas, four cheese blend, beer cheese sauce, jalapeños, green onion, cilantro, salsa and sour cream
They were all deeeeelicious! The Crabless Cakes were amazing for cheese lovers, we had never tried anything like it! The Crispy Green Beans were great for sharing and also delicious. We loved the flavour of the Skillet Chip Stack, also like nothing we had ever seen served before at a restaurant.
When it came to deciding on our main dishes we had a hard time narrowing down what to try! They had so many delicious options, we finally decided on:
- Super Greens – wood fired pizza with herb and garlic base, artichoke, zucchini, green olive, roasted tomato, feta, fresh oregano, arugula
- Rainbow Bowl – avocado, spiralized zucchini, squash, carrot and beet, edamame, crunchy chickpeas, sunflower seeds, cilantro, radish, red onion, ginger dressing
- Kale Pesto Noodle Bowl – house made pesto, ramen noodles, kale, gremolata
- Avocado Melt – schiacciata bread, parmesan, gouda, mozzarella, provolone, avocado, tomatoes, kale pesto, arugula
The Super Greens wood fired pizza was packed with flavour and veggies, and the Avocado Melt was delicious! You had the option of different sides with this one, we decided on their fries (because they are so good)! The Kale Pesto Noodle Bowl was not at all what I was expecting with ramen noodles but I loved the flavour of it! It was my favourite of them all! The Rainbow Bowl was a great mix of veggies, it reminded me of a pasta dish except way less carbs!
We loved all of the dishes we tried, I would definitely order any of them again!
After dinner we headed to play some of the games. I always feel like a kid again when I go to The Rec Room, I love arcade games! We tend to get a little competitive when it comes to keeping score, it’s a great place for couples to have a friendly competition! They have so many options on the gaming floor, I love the retro vibe of some of the games they have like skeet ball and pac man. The technology has come such a long way since we were kids, no more coins or tickets involved! The bracelets get loaded up with credits and also keep track of the points you win! The prize redemption room is filled with cool prizes you can redeem your points for too!