I can hardly believe its been 5 years since I started Chatty Girl Media! This business came about by chance; I was contacted by a few people for help with their own social media campaigns. At the time I owned my first business Kula Klips and was recognized for my online efforts! I did some projects on the side but after a while I became so busy I decided to pursue Chatty Girl Media full time and sell my other business.
I often get asked why I named the company Chatty Girl Media, the reason may not be what you think! As a child I was always getting in trouble by teachers for talking to much in class, I was just so chatty! I thought the name was fitting because I still love to talk (now just online) as much as I did back in the day!
When I started in this industry there were only a handful of people doing this type of work, social media wasn’t as big as it is today. Over the years I have seen it EXPLODE with many people needing help with online marketing. I’ve been able to work with so many amazing businesses in Alberta to help them stand out from a crowd online! My scope of business includes:
- Business Consulting – I love working with entrepreneurs and helping them with every aspect of their business from branding to marketing. I’ve been able to help so many people navigate their ideas into their business.
- Social Media Training– Through workshops and one on one training I have helped hundreds of people learn how to best navigate in a busy online world! From basic photography skills to writing content I cover a wide array of topics to help small businesses and entrepreneurs.
- Social Media Management – So many entrepreneurs wear ALL the hats when it comes to running a business. With social media management we are able to step in and take over their accounts for them which allows business owners to allocate their time to other resources
- Blogging – There are so many things I love to share and blogging seemed a natural fit for an extension of my business. Through my blog I share my favourite recipes, travel tips, books I love and more!
- Collaboration – I have had the opportunity to work with so many businesses helping to get their brand name out there through online marketing! There have been some great partnerships I’ve worked on including food, lifestyle, travel, activities and more. Our family loves sharing our experiences online!
This industry is mainly referral based and I would not be where I am today without all of you! I am truly thankful for every referral I receive and I love having the opportunity to work with new people all of the time! I have connected with so many amazing people and businesses over the last 5 years and learned so much about entrepreneurs in the city. I love watching them grow online, and spotting the changes they have made after we have worked together.
Thank you to everyone who has cheered me on over the years, referred me business, attended my workshops, worked with my team and connected with me online. I have enjoyed chatting with and meeting so many amazing people.